Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Personal Learning Goals

OK, let's start at the beginning. What do I want out of a course called Intro to Computer Supported Collaborative Learning?

I want ideas on making collaborative learning easier and more fun for both online students and faculty.
I want to know what sorts of topics/programs/assignments CSCL works well for, and what it doesn't work well for.
I want some concrete examples that I can talk about when I go to our campus summer faculty technology workshop.

What I can bring to a course called Intro to CSCL?

One of my graduate degrees is in Adult Education and Distance Learning, so I have a good solid base of standard educational theory for distance learning.
I'm a librarian with a focus in online resources, especially open access ones. I know what kinds of knowledge artifacts are out there and how to find them.
Librarians are collaborative by nature! (Also acquisitive, so I have all sorts of stuff squirreled away, like 1500 links in delicious.)

No comments:

Post a Comment